Welcome to Loyalty’s Next Generation
Fanfare, from PaymentStars, is a fully integrated, easy-to-use program that delivers loyalty rewards, promotions, offers, and gift cards that your customers crave. And with Fanfare, your customers will know they’re not just appreciated, but celebrated.
PaymentStars’ Fanfare Advantages:
- Easy to use: No separate hardware, no complex installation – just download the software and go.
- Frictionless POS experience: Fanfare integrates seamlessly with your payment processing at the point of sale (POS) and provides easy enrollment options. New promotions are presented as part of the checkout process.
- Real-time redemption: Automatically track loyalty points and present rewards and offers that can be instantly redeemed at checkout.
- No expiration: Loyalty rewards never expire.
- Meaningful metrics and insights: A simple reporting, analytics, and management dashboard lets you measure program effectiveness while capturing shopper data in a customer database for future offers and communications.
- All-in-one solution: With Fanfare, you get NLP Secure’s expertise, a loyalty program, and secure payment processing in one integrated package, along with the support of one dedicated service team.
Gift Cards: Advertise Your Brand
There’s a lot to like about gift cards: Customers give the cards to others, helping promote your business, especially when the cards feature your logo. And 75% of gift card shoppers spend more than the value of the gift card!
(Mercator Advisory Group, 2013)
of retailers with rewards programs are more profitable than their competitors without one.
(2011 Deloitte Retail Study)
of loyalty program members are likely to choose a retailer with a rewards program over a competitor.
(ACI Worldwide, January 2012)
of consumers modify when and where they buy in order to maximize loyalty program benefits.
(The 2013 Maritz Loyalty Report, Maritz Loyalty Marketing, US Edition, May 2013)
of consumers would consider increasing the business they do with a company for a loyalty reward.
(ClickFox, April 2012)